Fire strikes the Synagogue of Grodno

The Great Synagogue of Grodno, Belarus, was tragically burned down last night by a fire caused by an electrical circuit. The praying hall and kitchen were completely ruined, leaving the community homeless without a place for services.

The community, that only recently managed to restore the building’s front and had begun plans for reconstructing the inner hall, was shocked this morning to learn of the loss evaluated at nearly $100,000.

Efforts have begun to try to find funds for the expensive restoration. To help save the Synagogue, please visit => 

[nggallery id=251]    

Latest News

Subscribe to our Newsletter

"*" indicates required fields